Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Twin Fawns


 The early evening heat and lack of water convinced me that it was acceptable to walk my bike at least a few yards up a steep hill last night.  There's a reason for everything, and because I'd slowed down I was able to notice two fawns in the grass.  Their mother was nowhere in sight.  They observed me for awhile and then apparently satisfied that I was harmless started to play little fawn games - prancing around and dancing in the meadow. 
I went back today to the area where I'd seen them.  Yes, they were still there - intermittently content and resting and then suddenly up and playing again.  They are well developed and alert; it is evident that they are cared for - their mother must be near.....although I do wonder where she spends her days.  What is she doing?  Out shopping......?


"It's double the giggles and double the grins...And double the trouble if you're blessed with twins."

No comments: